Saturday, April 10, 2010

We're getting closer!



It's been two months since my last post and there has been a ton of progress on our house! It's really fun to go over and see the daily changes and I'm much relieved to find it feels familiar even though everything is new and all the finishes are all different. The stone flooring is finished, and much of the tile work is done. The kitchen, bath and linen cabinets are being installed and next week a template will be made for the counter tops. Most of the interior paint is finished as well, the kids each picked their own colors for their rooms and they really look great, but unfortunately we are having a hard time with the exterior color - in comparison to the issues we have had up to this point, it's no big deal, we'll get it worked out.

We did end up having to do more work in the front and back yards than we anticipated. It's a shame to think of the money we wasted keeping the plants alive and yard looking well to see it all get torn up either by heavy equipment or as things that needed to be replaced were exposed by the chain reaction caused by demo for new construction. It really is going to look like a new house when we are done, landscaping and all. I have always wondered what it would be like to live in a new home but this isn't exactly the way I had hoped to go about it.

We still don't have a firm move in date, end of May is all I know. My sister is coming out to help and has already booked her airline ticked so I hope it holds true - if not, I'll have to find another way to keep her busy ;) It may involve buying furniture as that is the one task I still haven't conquered. I have been "shopping" everyday for lighting fixtures, handles, knobs and pulls, toilets, sinks and plumbing fixtures but decided to take the week off to play with our friends that are visiting from Indiana for Spring break. I really do need to get back at it next week or we truly will be sitting on patio furniture and sleeping on air mattresses - which actually will still be wonderful since we will finally be home!










No comments:

Post a Comment